The surfgate.app API provides endpoints you connect to using your web-service user license key. These endpoints represent actions like predicting, getting already predicted potential content violation rates (PCVR) or creating crawler tasks.
This page contains codes and descriptions of all errors that may occur when you communicate with the surfgate.app API.
If after reading this section you are still not sure how to interpret a specific error, contact the Support Team.
General error codes
These are the common error codes, which may be returned when you communicate with the system.
|100||No such resource|
|101||The resource cannot be evaluated. It is currently in progress|
|102||The resource is declined|
|103||The resource is not reachable|
|104||Feature extraction process failed for the resource|
|200||The Model or the vectorizer is not set|
|300||The license key is invalid|
|301||The license key has expired|
|302||The license key already exists|
|303||An error occurred while creating a license key|
|304||An error occurred while updating the license key|
|305||Not enough permissions|
|306||An error occurred while deleting the license key|
|400||Invalid JSON input|
|415||Unsupported Media Type|
|500||This customer email already exists|
|501||An error occurred while creating a user|
|502||The user does not exist|
|600||The field value cannot be empty|
|601||The field value is too short|
|602||The field value is too long|
|603||The field value is too small|
|604||The field value is too high|
|605||The field value has incorrect type|
|606||The field value is not accepted. Please check API documentation for possible values|
|607||The field is not a part of this request|
|608||Required field is missing for this request|
|700||An error occurred while creating a task|
|701||The task cannot be processed. It is currently in progress|
|702||No such task|
|703||The task is still in progress. Please check again later or wait for a notification message on the provided
|704||The task is declined|
Testing surfgate.app API with Postman
What is Postman?
Postman is an app for easy RESTful API exploration. It allows you to test API calls without writing the code or installing the SDKs.
Step 1: Get the Postman and download our prepared API collection
Visit https://www.getpostman.com and install preferred version for you.
Get the full surfgate.app API library
Step 2: Create your Postman environment
Our collection makes use of Postman’s environment variables to easily manage your API credentials. Please follow the steps below to create an environment in your Postman:
- Open the “Environment options” panel by clicking on the gear icon, then click Manage Environments. To create a new environment, click Add.
- Name your environment something that indicates it is using surfgate.app API credentials, for example “surfgate.app API”.
- Add a variable/value pair with “PROTOCOL” as the variable and “https” as the value.
- Add a variable/value pair with “HOSTNAME” as the variable and “go.surfgate.app” as the value.
- Add a variable/value pair with “PORT” as the variable and “443” as the value.
- Add a variable/value pair with “KEY” as the variable and your license key as the value.
- When you are finished adding variable/value pairs, click Add. Now, any test calls you make using this environment will automatically fill in the PROTOCOL, HOSTNAME, PORT and KEY with your credentials.